Sunday, August 21, 2011

Wear your Pearls...

Bridget pictured on the Left.
When you participate in the Susan G. Komen 3-Day for the Cure or as we loving like to refer to it as the "3-Day community", we become one big PINK family.  We reach out to each other, support and help where we can.  One of our family members ( Carrie Lynn Marinakis ) came up with the idea of an event called, "Wearing Pearls for Bridget Spence, who is a Susan G Komen 3 Day Event Coordinator."  I want to take this blog entry, to introduce you to Bridget.  Bridget was diagnosed with Stage IV breast cancer five years ago. When she was only 21 years old with no family history of the disease.  She has a blog that she writes in called "My Big Girl Pants."  Here is her blog link if you would like to read more.  http://mybiggirlpants.blogspot.comThese are a few words that Bridget has written in the introduction of her blog."I am just a little girl trying to be a brave big girl on this scary journey.  As treatments improve, more and more women and men are living very full lives while still fighting cancer.  I hope I can give other metastatic cancer patients a voice!"  I had the pleasure of meeting Bridget in Washington DC last year when I participated in the 3-Day, it was brief, but very powerful.  I will urge you to take 11 minutes out of your life to watch this video that was put up on youtube by "mosimpkins" http://youtu.be/cL-AT6988xI .  The quality of the video is alright, but look past that.  Listen to Bridget's words.  I heard her words for the first time almost a year ago.  Bridget's words have resonated through my soul and I have found myself many times over the last year remembering her words.  Even as I write this blog I am in tears.  Bridget is still fighting her battle, with the same grace as she ever has.  We as her friends, family and those who just want to stand in support of Bridget are bringing out our pearls.  It doesn't matter if they were a family heirloom or they were bought for your prom or wedding.  Bridget loves her pearls and we love Bridget.  If you were like me, I never owned a strand of pearls.  If you know me, you know that anything I try to do is always done in a "BIG" way.  This would be no different.  My dear friend Leah Paugh is a Independent Distributor for Premier Design Jewelry.  They have a Stunning string of Pearls that is 90" of endless pearls called "Opening Night".  I know, you are thinking what in the world would I need that many pearls for?  We took a few pictures of ways that you could wear these pearls.  I bought them to signify my endless support of Bridget and her fight.  I hope that you will join us with this simple yet meaningful tribute to her.  If you are interested in buying these pearls or any other ones that they carry in the Premier line.  You can contact Leah and she will give you 10% off of your purchase if you mention that I sent you, or that you read this story.  I went today to talk to Leah about getting into the business.  I want to do more, and this is looking like the way that might give me the freedom to do so.  Tonight as you get ready for bed I ask that you take a moment to think about our Pink Warrior Princess that wears pearls.  If you say prayers I ask that you lift her up in them.  Sometimes, we all have a bad day, but even on our worst day we can always find a reason to be Thankful.  Tonight, I ask that you be thankful for all of the little things that mean so much.  Don't lose sight of the important things and never take for granted the simple moments that seem to go by in a flash... 
Yes, this is the 90 Inches of pearls "Opening Night" shown in just 3 of the many ways that it can be worn.  It retails for $39.00.  Premier Design Jewelry has many other beautiful pearl pieces to fit anyone's style.  You can reach Leah at 440-725-0981. I have to say Thank You to my Beautiful Model.  She was a great sport when I asked her to help me with the pictures today! Thank you!
                                XoXo

No comments:

Post a Comment