Saturday, August 20, 2011

Removing the Clutter...



Every now and again, we all need to take stock of our lives.  Sometimes we need to un-clutter it.  We can plant the most amazing and beautiful  flower bed, but if we don't maintain, take care of and spend time working on it, it will become over grown and messy.  This is also true of our lives.  As we live every day we don't always maintain the little things, before you know it, the little thing has now become an over grown mess.  Today it was gorgeous out side.  With all I have been doing, between taking care of the family, house, squeezing in training, writing the blog and so on.  I have lost sight of things I once used to take such pride in like my flower beds.  So today I started out with "just weeding" out, the grass that showed up out of no where, the dandelions that blew in and the little trees that started to take root.  As I got farther along into the process I decided to get radical.  I tore out most of the flowers in the bed, snipped the wires to the lights and puled them all out, lastly taking out a tree.  I want to simplify things. Once I have re worked the front beds they will just need to be maintained to be kept in order.  As the school year is fast approaching, I am finding that I will have a little more time to get things done.  I have let the days of summer take me away from my normal routine and I have enjoyed it immensely.  Spending time with the boys, family and friends dong things out in the sun.   As fall rapidly approaches.  It is time to get radical & bring about change...

No comments:

Post a Comment