Saturday, August 27, 2011

In the Wake of the Storm...

I wanted to be clever today and leave you with a smile, I wanted to tell you a story that would make your heart fill with joy.  I wanted to tell you so many things, but for now I can only leave you with this...
I know that everyone is most likely tired of hearing about Hurricane Irene.  To date that I know about we have lost 11 lives so far.  One life lost is one too many, unfortunately in storms like this you can only pray that everyone makes it through.  I wanted to share this picture I took tonight from my hotel room.  It was a stunning sunset.  ( my picture truly didn't capture it's true beauty )  It was a beautiful day here.  We watched the news on and off throughout out the day.  I just kept thinking that as we were enjoying wonderful moments together in the sunshine, some of my friends were going through some of the worst times ever.  It makes you feel helpless and frustrated not knowing how your family and friends are at this point.  It is even worse, having the knowledge that you can't do anything to make it any better.  So, for tonight we will keep everyone in our thoughts and prayers, praying that tomorrow will be a better day...  

No comments:

Post a Comment